Difference between Amazon and Shopify
What is Amazon?
Amazon is an American multinational conglomerate technology company based in Seattle. It focuses on digital streaming, e-commerce, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four tech companies, along with Microsoft, Apple and Google. It has one of the most powerful economic and cultural forces in the world.
It is the largest online marketplace, assistant, provider and cloud computing platform in the world, measured by revenue and market capitalization. Amazon is the largest revenue earner in the world.
Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos in July 1994 in Bellevue, Washington.
The company originally started as an online marketplace for books, but later expanded to selling electronics, software, video games, clothing, furniture, food, toys and jewelry. 2018, Bezos announced that its two-day delivery service Amazon Prime has surpassed 100 million members worldwide.
Amazon distributes the download and streaming of video, music and audio books through its flagship video, Amazon Music, Twitch and Audible affiliates. Amazon Web Services also includes Amazon Publishing, Film and Television Studio, Amazon Studios and Cloud Computing subsidiary.
Products and services
Amazon.com has a number of services available that includes:
- Amazon Prime
- Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Drive
- Fire tablets
- Fire TV
- Kindle Store
- Music Unlimited
- Amazon Digital Game Store
- Amazon Studios
Amazon owns 40 over subsidiaries, including:
- Amazon Maritime
- Annapurna Labs
- Beijing Century Joyo Courier Services
- Brilliance Audio
- Health Navigator
- Kuiper Systems
- Whole Foods Market
What is Shopify?
It is a Canadian multinational e-commerce firm headquartered. It is also the name of its proprietary e-commerce platform for online stores and sells point of selling systems. Shopify offers online sellers for a suite of services “including payments, marketing, shipping and client engagement tools to simplify the process of running an online store for small merchants.”
Pros and Cons
- Traffic: numbers of visitor visit the Amazon market. This gives your products very great coverage.
- Extra services: Amazon can control your packing, stock storage and shipping that making it very easier for you to run your industry.
- Competition: Amazon sells numbers of products, so you are up against a load of competition. At times user will be directly challenging with Amazon itself.
- Branding: It is extremely difficult to form an exclusive or strong brand image by selling on Amazon.
- Powerful ecommerce tools: Shopify has a long range of ecommerce tools that designed to help user manufacture and sponsor your online products.
- Unique brand identity: as you build your own ecommerce online brand, you also create a strong and exclusive brand to run your business.
- Extra costs: This has monthly fee period, but it also has an Apps Store. By adding 3rd party apps the farm can easily increases the monthly costs.
- Marketing: You are fully responsible for promoting your business and building your brand responsiveness.